About Me

My photo
Bristol, United Kingdom
Chronicle of an aspiring amateur filmmaker taking on the world!

Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Tension is Unbearable...

Evening Universe! 

Filming! This Saturday! 

As I'm sure you can tell by my careless and gratuitous overuse of exclamation marks, I'm pretty stoked about the first day of shooting for the video.  Rather less exciting is the prospect of all the gear that myself and Jon, the singer from the band, will have to lug to the rehearsal room on a bus.


More so, I am a bit worried about whether I'll be able to safely mount my lights onto mic stands, there could be a lot of duck tape used in the process! 

I'll make sure there are lots of photos and hopefully a few videos of the shoot and the setup that I can post on here, and within a few days I'll be able share a few snippets of what we film.  Can't wait!

Podcast

Episode 1 of the Crash & Burn Movie Podcast is getting small but steady amounts of downloads, streams and subscriptions.  Had loads of fun making it, and planning is already going on behind the scenes for episode 2.  We're thinking an Alien Invasion theme next time - myself and Jon have six cinematic gems lined up to share with you, and I have a complete stormer for my So Bad its Great.

So, prepare for Tokyo to get stomped upon, possessed dogs to be shot, subliminal advertising to make you subservient, blood, brains and gore to be spattered, and for our puny and pitiful species to be enslaved by an unstoppable combo of superior technology and terrible acting...You have been warned...

What I've Been Watching

Anyone who has heard the first episode of aforementioned podcast will no doubt have picked up on the number of times I had to admit that I'd not gotten to the end of various films.  Well, I'm pleased to announce that I have finally watched the rather awesome Soylent Green and Monster Squad in their entirety.  Still not got any further with Repo Men, its been shifted down my queue - I've just managed to track down cult 80's film Robot Jox, I've been meaning to watching this for ages.  

laters

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment