About Me

My photo
Bristol, United Kingdom
Chronicle of an aspiring amateur filmmaker taking on the world!

Monday 30 July 2012

Set Your Controls for the Heart of the Sun!

Hey,

Not much to feedback today, but as you've probably guessed from the title of this post, I have conducted my test on my new 500W light.  I'm pleased to say that despite a few technical issues, the test was a success.  I thought I was heading for a loser when I opened the packaging and found that the bulb, still in its little box, had shaken loose from the housing of the bulb where its supposed to sit snug and safe until fitting.  And then to add further problems, when I open said little box the whole bulb slipped straight out and fell about two foot onto the living room carpet.  Still, it appears that these little muckers are more resilient than I gave them credit for, and here is the video evidence;




So, it works, but good lord is it bright.  I've got a feeling it might well be too much, I am tempted to see if I can get hold of another 150W light just in case. I'm hoping to actually do some test filming reasonably soon, it would be handy to do some experiments with light and camera placement, etc. Can't wait!

While news is a bit thin on the ground today, I thought I'd share some stuff I've stumbled upon recently.  These are a couple interesting music videos that I found on the Indy Mogul forum, they're pretty cool.










Laters

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment